Saturday 17 November 2012

My best charity shop/ vintage finds

I used to do a lot more charity/ vintage shopping, but these days I don't really have the time. The area I live isn't brilliant for great finds either. However, over the years I've picked up a few things that I was very smug about, and all were a bargain. 


1. Tiger Dress

This is my newest and probably one of my favourite finds. Found in a little vintage boutique in Siam Square, Bangkok, for 250 Baht...which equates to five English pounds. Yes, a velvet and lurex, beautifully printed and well fitting dress for a FIVER. Some people may hate it and think its too OTT but I think its perfect for the Christmas party season.


Look at how beautifully it's printed!




2. Jacket

This was originally a knee length dress that didn't really fit, but I saw its potential and brought it home with me to turn into a light weight jacket. I love the lacy sleeves and big pearl buttons. Think this was £5 as well.





3. Blouse

I'm cheating a bit including this one, as it wasn't something I purchased, but something stolen off my mother. This is Dorothy Perkins (would you believe it??) from about 10-15 years ago- I am allowed to class it as vintage? With the oversized collar and sleeve cuffs I think it certainly has a vintage feel to it. 





 4. Top

 Another gem picked up abroad. This was bought from a vintage shop in LA which blew my mind, everything in there was amazing without being ridiculously expensive. This was a little pricier than the rest, but still good value for all the sequinned loveliness- it was about $20= £12 which isn't too bad. 





5 & 6. Bags

Both of these were bought in a little charity shop I used to go to all the time in Newbury. Takes quite a while to get over there so I haven't been for a while, but when I do, I usually manage to pick something up. Both of them were £4








No comments:

Post a Comment