Thursday 8 May 2014

Make-Up Revolution: First thoughts

There has been a lot of hype and excitement about new budget brand, Make up Revolution. I myself was dazzled by the colours of some of the products and happy to see a more affordable brand offering more daring products, usually reserved for the likes of Urban Decay, Illamasqua and Lime Crime. 

I will do a proper review of these when I get a day at home (weather has been too awful today to take photos after I got home from work), but I was very excited when I opened my package so thought I would share what I got:





Iconic 3 Palette: £4

Like all beauty fans I have been lusting after the Naked 3 palette, but £37?? I don't think so. People were saying this is a dupe (though I don't think these are as rosy-toned) and I'm looking forward to giving it a go





Individual eyeshadows: £1

These are ridiculously bright! Can't wait to try these when I've hit the fake tan.




Velvet Lip Lacquer: £3

These have been compared to Lime Crime's Velvetines. I quickly slapped some on to try, but not owning any Velvetines I can't really comment on whether they are comparable. However this is a highly pigmented, super bright candy pink with serious staying power (I had trouble removing it!)



Blue lipstick: £1


This is the product I was excited about. Rihanna had worn a similar lipstick last year but it was so unique and crazy that I thought only high end brands would do something similar. I didn't want to shell out a lot of money on something I probably won't wear too much so was happy that they've done a similar shade. I've seen some people have issues with it applying streakily but when I gave it a quick try it didn't seem too bad, though I'd recommend a light foundation layer to make the colour pop even more
















Here's a brief swatch of the two lip products, I will post some decent photos when we have another brighter day






So this little bundle cost me a whole..£10! I'm looking forward to trying these properly and it wouldn't surprise me if I made another order soon


post signature


No comments:

Post a Comment